Saturday, October 25, 2008

WOW







Wow is what living in Antarctica brings to mind. I have been here for almost 3 weeks and I am loving every moment. There has, however, been a few instances that have made me rethink this adventure that I am partaking. I am unable to say too much information as of right now, but we have unfortunately had to loose multiple members already this year. On the other hand, every day I am amazed by the unspoiled beauty of this alien environment. One such moment was yesterday as we drove back from Pegasus airfield, I was starring at the mountains that were beyond the Ross ice shelf. I sat in the back of SCAT 1 unaware of the things that were happening around me and was only focused on the beauty. Times such as this happen daily. When I feel I've finally come to ease with my surroundings, I find something new and again I'm over whelmed.

It is however difficult to be away from home. Never before have I consistently thought about the people I love. I am realizing how important these people are and how they truly complete my being. Time to myself to just think is a rarity while I'm home, but here I am fortunate enough to be able to have time to myself to think about what truly matters to me.

No comments: